Monday, February 11, 2013

Ameliorate This Heart

I'm letting this you go
like I've done before
like I'll do again
each new pedestrian epiphany
sharpening a character
a compilation
a part I enjoy playing
when given the chance

Whatever it is this time
feels special
and I write that
knowing full well it's a lie
a white knight preaching providence
from a horse on high
as grass stains are a pain
even in the 21st century

This is an ordinary love
the sort of thing I'll keep with me
I'll tie it to your name
and your nickname
and when the conversation turns
to famous female aviators
or Canadian wildlife
I'll share a smile with your memory

When I'm back to being all alone
your secrets will keep me company
honest nothings that matter
just the same
brief regressions
to a sleepy head
resting on a rising chest
murmuring in silent agreement

No one will fix this broken heart
because I like being broken
but you will make it better
even if it hurts
even if your abscence is painful
there is a you
a you I'll be loving
with every beat

No comments:

Post a Comment